Thursday 8 August 2013

Review of Mock Practical

One would like to start this blog by a Rumi quote dating back to the 12th centuries which is thus stated “Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” In commencing our mock practical on tuesday this quote was used by the lecturer and was further simplified for the students understanding. This indeed is one of the most powerful quotes that one can use in creating or mapping out a unique journey for an individual.

 What stood out for me from this quote is that it is essential for one to learn from stories of others but must strive to create their own stories in life by learning from previous experiences . I think the scope of our practice revolves around the concept of critical thinking which is a fundamental tool of analysis that was used by the above poet to explain his latter quote. For me the most powerful thing is to explore things that were never explored before and strive very hard to achieve your very own results in your treatment session, hence giving you the right to defend and owning those results.

I have heard experiences in Occupational therapy before which most of them almost led me to exit the degree and divert to somewhere else, but what I have learnt a lesson from my late father is that you never start something and you do not finish it, hence will never ever live the most dearest degree in my life without creating my very own story. 

 This mock practical session has prepared me to start my Fieldwork practice in high spirit and has prepared me physically ,psychological and otherwise in the same time. I have also learnt that this mock practical was a bit different from the past mock practicals in terms of it's setting and content. One can deduce that knowledge is interchangeable and you cannot always be expecting the same thing in a module year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment